What to do... Life's like that...

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sleep

I open my eyes, hoping to see the sunshine, birds and the bees,
But instead there is darkness that brings about unease.

My vision is blinded by the depth of this darkness,
Wondering if the world lacks in its fairness?

I shout "Open the door!!!!", reaching out to my friends,
But everything just drowns in this din of silence.

Is there someone who can unlock this door?
or someone who can sear the leash to make me soar.

Fears, thoughts and ideas come to this windy mind,
But the trust I'm looking for is nowhere to find.

So sleep I should, at this moment in time,
Perhaps the dreams can scrape out this grime.
share this: facebook

3 Comments:

At July 29, 2007 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...hoping to see the sunshine..." - too much to hope in Seattle :P.

Jokes apart, the poem is impressive and effectively captures the desperate state some people get into when they have early morning dreams.

 
At August 01, 2007 11:25 PM, Blogger sandeep said...

very nice !

 
At September 16, 2007 11:29 PM, Blogger bubbles said...

powerful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home